Our Story: SnipWell Spay Neuter & Wellness
Vision Statement: SnipWell’s vision is to decrease shelter intake of homeless and at-risk animals through spay/neuter and wellness care by offering high quality services at a reduced cost.
- Integrity. We always strive to do the right thing for the patient and for our client.
- Community. We are here for our community, and without community we would not be here.
- Empathy. We withhold judgement of clients, co-workers, and our community to produce more effective conversations and patient care models.
- Growth: We seek to be constantly learning and growing in our medical practices and in our organization.
Dr. Lee’s experience as an associate and relief veterinarian at many different practices in Charlotte, NC, Wilmington, NC and Knoxville, TN gave her a wide range of experience with practice philosophies and clientele. Her decision to become a spay/neuter and wellness veterinarian came due to the high population of animals that were losing their lives in shelters simply because they didn’t have a home or access to affordable vet care. Dr. Lee transitioned to high-quality, high volume spay/neuter surgery and medicine in 2007 and wished to bring these much needed services to her hometown of Fort Mill, SC in hopes of reaching those in her community who are most at risk. SnipWell was created to fulfill this dream.
As a young nonprofit, we have many ideas on how to enhance our community service.
These are a few of our aspirations:
- Transportation program to work with other animal welfare organizations to gain easier access to our services
- Build a facility to suit our community’s needs from the ground up
- X-Ray machine on premises in order to provide more comprehensive care